There are FIVE basic steps to Great Skin!
- Cleanse! This step is necessary to keep your skin looking bright, healthy and youthful. Sometimes this step can be confusing because there are so many different options and brands available. I believe the key is to know your skin type, whether it is normal to dry, oily, or a combination of types. Then you’ll choose a product that will help cleanse and minimize your pores to control oil or to add moisture to your skin so that appears hydrated and soft. Another very important step that a lot of women miss is drinking enough water to help keep their skin looking clear of blemishes and dryness. Everyone should drink a minimum of 80-100 oz of water a day!
- Exfoliate: There are a A LOT of way to do this step!! The most important part of exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells from the surface of our skin. This process is great for the face, body, and our feet. Now, you can exfoliate using a charcoal mask, facial tools, a scrub, or an exfoliator and cleanser combination in a product. I recommend using a product that combines the cleanser and exfoliant together on a daily basis. This will keep your skin appearing bright and healthy for a long time!!!
- Tone: A toner is the product that most people use to control oil and straighten their pores. They can be very drying if they are alcohol based and they may have medication in the product to heal blemishes or draw out other impurities.
- Moisturize: This step is skipped by many people because they think that their skin is oily. What is actually happening is the skin is overcompensating for the lack of hydration in the skin which causes it to produce excess oil. The best way to fix this problem is to hydrate your skin with a moisturizer that balances the areas on your face that are both oily, like the T-zone, and dry on the cheeks. As we age, our skin becomes thinner and less absorbent which cause the fine lines and winkles to be visible. This is especially true around the mouth, eyes, and nose area of the face. I would suggest that you use a moisturizer in the day time that is light weight and has some level of spf protection for your skin. This product can be water based in a gel form or oil based in a cream form. Also, keep in mind that many of these products have vitamins such as vitamin A, C, E which help to replenish the elasticity that we loose with age.
- Protect (Foundation): This step is NOT Makeup! It’s probably the MOST Important part of taking care of your skin!!! I know many women do not like to wear foundation, because it feels heavy, looks oily, shows their fine lines and winkles, or they can’t keep it on all day due to their work environment. Let me share a SECRET with you!!! If you will do all of these steps everyday, then you will be able to wear foundation that looks, feels, and wears beautifully on your skin! You will also need less product and you’ll SAVE MONEY!!! Here are five easy ways to quickly find your exact color match and perfect looking skin!
- Find your shade match
- Don’t forget your skin’s undertone
- Know what coverage level that you need
- Don’t forget your skin type
- Adapt your shade to the current season
- Bonus Step: If you are struggling to find the best foundation for your skin tone and type, then go seek out a professional that will assist you by color testing at least 3 shades on your jawline. Ask them to recommend a product has the best benefits for your skin type. Do some research before you shop for a foundation so that you know what is in the products and read several reviews before you make a purchase. There are all kinds of beauty specialist,but the best will offer to let you feel and try the product on your both your hand and your face.
I would love to challenge you to go and try some new products for your skin care and foundation. If you would like to share your results with me, you can post a picture on my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/lbfashioncoach or comment on this post. I’d love to know your results and help you with any questions!